Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Walnuts are your friends, hon!

So many of us have a goldmine out back in our large black walnut trees towering over our homes and cars. Well, one person's goldmine is another's autobody nightmare, but still .... If you have priced black walnuts at the store recently, you understand what I mean about a goldmine.

One of our local residents has written a wonderful article on How to Harvest Black Walnuts, which explains the process very clearly. I think this year I may actually do it -- I sense some baking projects coming along soon ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do decide to harvest them and make something from them, please post pics and recipes!!!

Sue J said...

Will do -- I have been collecting them this fall, but now I have to go the next step ....