Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Art Gallery coming to our neighborhood?

The discussion at last night's neighborhood association meeting was all about a potential art gallery and tattoo parlor coming to the space at 6425 Harford Road. That address been occupied for many years by Hell Bent for Leather. The owners are selling this property, and have a potential buyer with the gallery/tattoo parlor idea.

Personally, I think it's a great idea. It could bring a funky artistic element to our neighborhood, that is, let's face it, not here now. And if this gallery succeeds, it could entice other artists to move in. Struggling artists are finding it hard to afford the now trendy Hampden and Patterson Park. Could Hamilton be the new Hampden?!

What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a great idea, sure as hell beats another storefront church. Speaking of which, didn't we vote for Curran 4 years ago because he was going to stop these churches? He's up for election again folks!!

Sue J said...

Curran also told us last fall that Eunice and Edna Avenues would be re-paved this year ....

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of having a place for art. I must admit I need to be open mined about the tattoo part. About other comments, I was not aware of Curran's promises. I will be aware now. Thank you.

C

Anonymous said...

Does Curran have an opponent?