Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What the cable companies don't want you to know

It's a little-known fact, but FCC rules require cable companies everywhere to offer a “limited basic” package that includes all the local channels, government access, and educational channels. Here in Baltimore, that includes about 20 channels. It costs only $9.65 per month!

You won't see it advertised anywhere, but I just called Comcast at (410) 649-9000 and asked for the “Limited Basic” package. Of course, they tried to offer me more packages, more channels, but I just said nope, just want it for the reception. And they signed me right up.

So, if you're like me (don't really watch much television, but do like having the ability to when I want to), call Comcast and request “Limited Basic” service.

It's Comcastic ...

No comments: